This course explores the care and management of small or companion animals. It includes units on history, characteristics of different species, housing, equipment, handling, reproduction, diseases, and ailments. Full-color photos help readers easily identify different species. This course also includes related Internet sites for further study. This comprehensive course is useful for anyone interested in the care of small animals.
· Full-color photographs enhance text and help readers identify species by color
· Updated text includes new information on handling and animal restraint as well as expanded coverage of exotic species
· Complex scientific material is presented in an organized, easy-to-understand format
· Units can be reviewed out of sequence, allowing readers to customize course to meet their needs
There are no previous skills or qualifications required to register for this course. Ideal for total beginners.
· Chapter 1: Introduction to Small Animal Care.
· Chapter 2: Safety.
· Chapter 3: Small Animals as Pets.
· Chapter 4: Animal Rights and Animal Welfare.
· Chapter 5: Careers in Small Animal Care.
· Chapter 6: Nutrition and Digestive Systems.
· Chapter 7: Dogs.
· Chapter 8: Cats.
· Chapter 9: Rabbits.
· Chapter 10: Hamsters.
· Chapter 11: Gerbils.
· Chapter 12: Rats.
· Chapter 13: Mice.
· Chapter 14: Guinea Pigs.
· Chapter 15: Chinchillas.
· Chapter 16: Ferrets.
· Chapter 17: Amphibians.
· Chapter 18: Reptiles.
· Chapter 19: Birds.
· Chapter 20: Fish.
What qualification is awarded upon completion?
Every successful student will be awarded Level 2 Certificate in Small Animal Care.
How long will this course take to complete and do I have to complete within a certain time?
Students can register for this course at any time. Average completion time is approximately 100 hours overall, however you may take as long as you wish to complete. There is no time limit at all.
What is included in the price of my course?
· Official course manual
· A4 folder.
· Blank CD for storing coursework.
· Plain A4 paper.
· Pen and pencil.
· Freepost Envelopes.
· Unlimited email support (Monday to Friday)
This course comes enclosed in a study bag enabling you to transport your course anywhere you wish. Giving you total flexibility.
What if I need to ask a question relating to my course?
All students can email student support with any questions they may have from Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm.
How is my Coursework assessed?
You will be required to submit your assignments via email or alternatively you can use the freepost envelopes supplied in your study pack. (Freepost available to UK students only). Once received it will be assessed by student support and a report issued on your progress with any relevant comments. Three grades can be achieved PASS, MERIT or DISTINCTION. All assignments can be re-submitted for regrading if necessary.
Will I be required to sit an exam?
This course is completed using continual assessment allowing us to closely monitor your progress. Therefore no examination is required.