This programme is designed for people who wish to gain an
understanding of principles and practice of Sales Skill – Sales Advisor.
No prior knowledge is required.
The objectives of the course are to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge required to build successful sales skills
• Examine the nature of relationships which exist between sales advisor and customer
• Demonstrate a step by step process to selling to customers
• Display awareness of essential telephone or face to face contact skills
• Practice work planning and time management techniques
• Describe the benefits of self development and self motivation
The course is designed for personal development and is not externally accredited. Students who successfully complete the series of assignments will receive a certificate of completion from Study House.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. Students receive course manual, assignments and studyguide plus tutor support by mail and email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of registration.
Each element is followed by a written assignment, which is submitted and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Students may register at any time and have a full year to complete their studies. The course will take around 60 hours of study to complete.
• Comprehensive study notes for each element of the course
• Self-assessment activities
• Tutor support
• Assignment marking & feedback
• Completion certificate
The course is divided up into six modules, as follows:
Module 1: Building Competence
Knowing the product[s]
Knowing the customers
Knowing the employer
Knowing the competition
Module 2: Building Relationships
Welcoming the customer
Showing interest in the customer’s needs
Following through commitments made to customers
Being realistic and consistent
Module 3: Selling to Customers
Knowing your targets
Establishing and satisfying customer needs
Closing the sale
Module 4A: Telephone Skills
Conducting yourself effectively on the phone
Module 4b: Face to Face Contact Skills
Presenting yourself effectively in face to face
Module 5: Work organisation
Planning your work
Planning sales activity
Keeping people informed
Controlling your time
Module 6: Self-development and self-motivation
Making improvement suggestions
Working as part of a team