Developing the individuals in your team is vital to the overall efficiency of your organisation. Any organisation with a better motivated, more productive workforce will naturally reap the benefits. This course looks at identifying development needs through appraisal, and your role in helping meet those needs through coaching. Review job performance Identify the needs of individual team members through discussion Set and agree objectives with individuals Plan and carry out an appraisal Evaluate the outcome of an appraisal
This course is aimed at newly appointed team leaders or supervisors or anyone wanting to develop or update their skills within management.
This course is broken down into the following units. Assignments are completed after each one.
· What is an appraisal?
· Introduction How do appraisals work?
· Why have appraisals
· Effective appraisals
· Reviewing performance
· Preparing to review performance
· Review by the appraised
· Discussing needs
· Being a good listener
· Asking the right questions
· Practising the skills
· Agreeing a good objective
· Agreeing objectives for future work performance
· Making sure resources are available
· Recording objectives
· Planning and carrying out the appraisal meeting
· Planning the meeting
· In the appraisal meeting
· Evaluating appraisals
· After the appraisal meeting
· Evaluating your performance as an appraiser
· What is coaching?
· The learning process
· Why is coaching so effective?
· Coaching and the learning process
· When to coach - and when not to
· How to coach
· Planning Doing Evaluating
· Giving feedback
· Reviewing the performance against the objectives
· Deciding what should happen next
· Evaluating your performance as a coach
What qualification is awarded upon completion?
Every successful student will be awarded the Level 1 Certificate in Appraisals.
How long will this course take to complete and do I have to complete within a certain time?
Students can register for this course at any time. Average completion time is approximately 30 hours overall, however you may take as long as you wish to complete. There is no time limit at all.
What is included in the price of my course
· Official course enclosed in A4 folder.
· Blank CD for storing coursework.
· Plain A4 paper. Pen and pencil.
· Freepost Envelopes.
· Unlimited email support
This course comes enclosed in a study bag enabling you to transport your course anywhere you wish. Giving you total flexibility.
What if i need to ask a question relating to my course?
All students can email student support with any questions they may have from Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm.
How is my Coursework assessed?
You will be required to submit your assignments via email or alternatively you can use the freepost envelopes supplied in your study pack. ( Freepost available to UK students only ). Once received it will be assessed by student support and a report issued on your progress with any relevant comments. Three grades can be achieved PASS, MERIT or DISTINCTION. All assignments can be re-submitted for regrading if necessary.
Will I be required to sit an exam?
This course is completed using continual assessment allowing us to closely monitor your progress. Therefore no examination is required. .