This programme is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of environmental policies and their application. No prior knowledge is required.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
• Understand legal and moral responsibilities towards environmental management
• Describe different ways to implement environmental policies
• Monitor energy use and apply methods to reduces it
• Understand the impact of different waste disposal methods
• Describe water sources
• Apply policies to reduce water consumption
• Understand the impact of transport on the Environment
• Describe potential pollutants
• Understand and apply methods to reduce the risk of pollutants
The course leads to the award of the Certificate in Environmental Awareness (Level 2) from OCNW, a leading UK awarding body recognised by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. Students receive course manual, assignments and studyguide plus tutor support by mail and email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of registration.
Each element is followed by a written assignment, which is submitted and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Students may register at any time and have a full year to complete their studies. The course will take around 60 hours of study to complete.
• Comprehensive study notes for each element of the course
• Self-assessment activities
• Tutor support
• Assignment marking & feedback
The course is divided up into six units, as follows:
Unit 1 Introduction to the Principles of Environmental Awareness
Environmental Awareness and Management Strategy
Legal and Moral Responsibilities
Unit 2 Managing Energy Use
Different Types of Energy
Managing Energy Use
Unit 3 Managing Waste Disposal
Different Types of Waste
Reducing the Environmental Impact of Waste
Unit 4 Managing Water Use
Water Sources and Usage
Levels of Water Usage
Reducing and Managing Water Usage
Unit 5 Managing the Use of Transport
Use of Transport
Reducing the Environmental Impact of Transport
Unit 6 Reducing the Risk of Pollution