This illustrated, full-colour course is ideal for Level 1 students or those taking an introductory course in Beauty Therapy. Everything students need to know is covered in an accessible and user-friendly way.
· Clear step-by-step photographs guide students through the skills they need to learn.
· Learning features such as Chat Room and Salon Stories keep students interested and continually test their knowledge and understanding.
· Lots of activities are included to enable students to build their portfolio.
Good news! There are no previous skills or qualifications required to register for this course. Ideal for total beginners.
This course consists of nine units as follows. Assignments are completed after each one.
· Section 1 Introduction
· Section 2 In the workplace
· Section 3 Taking action on the health and safety
· Section 4 Assist with salon reception duties
· Section 5 Treatment essentials
· Section 6 Practical Skills
· Section 7 Assist with facial treatments
· Section 8 Assist with nail treatments on the hands
· Section 9 Evaluation
How long will this course take to complete and do I have to complete within a certain time?
Students can register for this course at any time. Average completion time is approximately 100 hours overall, however you may take as long as you wish to complete. There is no time limit at all.
What is included in the price of my course?
· Official course manual.
· Study materials
· Freepost Envelopes.
· Unlimited email support (Monday to Friday)
This course comes enclosed in a study bag enabling you to transport your course anywhere you wish. Giving you total flexibility.
What if I need to ask a question relating to my course?
All students can email student support with any questions they may have from Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm.
How is my Coursework assessed?
You will be required to submit your assignments via email or alternatively you can use the freepost envelopes supplied in your study pack. (Freepost available to UK students only). Once received it will be assessed by student support and a report issued on your progress with any relevant comments. Three grades can be achieved PASS, MERIT or DISTINCTION. All assignments can be re-submitted for regrading if necessary. For practical assignments you will need plenty of willing friends and family to practice on. You will be required to submit consultation sheets and evidence which will be verified at random.
Will I be required to sit an exam?
This course is completed using continual assessment allowing us to closely monitor your progress therefore no examination is required.
What is the potential for earnings as a fully qualified therapist?
Qualified Beauty Therapists are commanding on average in the region of £15.00 - £30.00 per hour dependant on the treatment given. A great opportunity for a fantastic income!
Do I need to be working in a salon to complete this course?
Not Necessarily! Although you will need access to willing family and friends who are willing to let you practice your new skills on.