The aims of the programme are to enable students to develop the skills to operate effectively in the aviation passenger service agent environment.
In turn a secondary aim is to help students intending a career in air transport industries to gain practical and relevant skills which will enhance their employability.
Any one considering employment in, or currently employed within the air travel industry.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
* Understand the unique operating environment and requirements of staff engaged in passenger service occupations
* Identify the skills and characteristics required for passenger service agents to be effective
* Demonstrate an understanding of the verbal skills [and industry knowledge] required of passenger service agents
* Demonstrate an understanding of the written skills [and standards] required of passenger service agents
* Describe the essential features and equipment encountered in a passenger service agents environment
* Describe the service standards required of passenger service operatives
* Time Management, Suitability & Airline & Airport Preparation Standards
* Use time effectively and plan appropriately
* Understand the airline requirements for new airline or airport PSA's
* Understand the Assessment procedures used for aviation PSA's
* Identify the characteristics of working effectively in an aviation PSA team
* Introduction to Verbal Airline & Airport PSA Standards
* Complete and read effectively a P.A. script, memorising key features
* Identify correct techniques for using the P.A. system
* Identify correct answers to airline jargon terms
* Prepare for an effective self introduction
* Introduction to Written Airline & Airport PSA Standards
* Locate necessary and relevant information for research
* Carry out a research activity on a UK airline and present it effectively
* Completing a standard airline style test
* Complete a standard airline style application form
* Introduction to Effective Airline & Airport Service Standards
* Identify the key feature of the layout of a typical airport
* Identify relevant equipment and its use for a practical check-in scenario
* Prepare for situations requiring effective PSA service
* Apply airline & airport service to passenger needs and requests
On completion of your course, you will receive two certificates:
Certificate 1 is issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges: Airline and Airport Passenger Service Agents Certificate
Airline and Airport Passenger Service Agents Certificate issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges, to view a sample of the college’s award, please click here.