The aim of this course is to enable students to understand the nature of conflict and effectively handle conflict situations through deploying appropriate methods.
All air industry staff who interface with customers and passengers will benefit greatly from this study programme.
There are no previous skills or qualifications needed to register for this study programme.
The course is divided up as six units, as follows:
Unit 1: Conflict and anger
• understand the sources and nature of conflict
• consider different conflict-handling styles
• learn to understand and deal with anger
Unit 2: Listening skills
• understand the ideal listening process
• deal with prejudices which may damage your ability to listen
• beware of traps for listeners
Unit 3: Negotiation
• understand the nature of establishment-community conflicts
• see how these groups approach conflict situations
• understand the ‘joint problem solving’ approach
• learn good negotiating practice
• consider strategies for rescuing difficult situations
Unit 4: Mediation
• understand the meaning and nature of mediation
• know when mediation is useful
• understand the phases of the mediation process
• deal with problems that can arise during this process
• know what qualities you need to develop to be an effective mediator
Unit 5: Crisis mediation
• understand the problem of re-entry
• look at causes of power imbalances in negotiation
• learn to deal with these power imbalances
• understand the importance of establishing a good working relationship with the other party
• deal with the need for mediation in crisis situations
Unit 6: Examples of good and poor practice
What qualification is awarded upon completion?
The course is accredited at level 2 by NCFE, a leading awarding body recognised by the UK Qualifications and Curriculum Authority.
How long will this course take to complete and do I have to complete within a certain time?
Students can register for this course at any time. Average completion time is approximately 80 hours overall. All students registered for this course have one year to complete from the date of registration.
What is included in the price of my course?
· NCFE Accredited course pack
· NCFE registration
· Tutor support for a full one year from registration
· Unlimited access to the student helpline during working hours.
What if I need to ask a question relating to my course?
All students registered for this course will be assigned a personal tutor whom they may contact during working hours. Details of who your tutor is and how to contact them will be in your study pack
How is my Coursework assessed?
All assignments will be submitted to your personal tutor on a regular basis as you progress through your course. A report along with any relevant comments will be returned to you.
Will I be required to sit an exam?
This course is completed using continual assessment allowing your tutor to closely monitor your progress. Therefore no examination is required.
On completion of your course, you will receive two certificates:
Certificate 1 is issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges: Airline and Airport Conflict Management Certificate
Airline and Airport Conflict Management Certificate issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges, to view a sample of the college’s award, please click here.